Kodachadri Peak Trek- A thrilling escape into dense forests Info
Kodachadri trek is situated at a distance of 420 Kms from Bangalore in Shimoga district of Karnataka. Being declared as the “Natural Heritage Site” by the Govt. of Karnataka, Kodachadri is the 10th highest peak in Karnataka and one among the famous Western Ghats treks.
- 2 Days 1 Night Kodachadri,Shimoga
- 10th highest peak in Karnataka
- 1300 ft above sea level
- Great Trekking Experience
- Wonderful trekking spot for all levels
- Vegetarian food
- Breakfast for two days
- Lunch and dinner on day 1
- Pick-Up & Drop
Things To Carry
- Sturdy and waterproof backpack (It will be advised that you pack light)
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- Fresh clothes for two days
- Extra set of clothes
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Toiletries (Shampoo, towel, toothpaste, tissue paper, etc.)
- Juice packs, Glucon-D etc.
- Raincoat or a Poncho
- Personal medication (if any)
- Allergy medication (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- A torch with new batteries (in case of emergency)
- You can carry energy food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks etc.)
- Camera (Optional)
Total Trek Distance: 14 KM (To and Fro)
Difficulty Level: Moderate (No prior experience of trek required)
- Get an overnight journey for Kodachadri Trek from Bangalore after getting picked up from the different spots at different time given below.
- Pick-up from Swad E punjab, HSR, teachers colony.
- Pick-up from New Shanthi Sagar hotel, Domlur
- Pick-up from Hard Rock Cafe, MG Road near Anil kumble signal
- Reach the campsite around 06:00 AM and freshen up.
- Around 08:00 AM, begin your journey of Kodachadri trekking and Hidlumane Waterfalls after breakfast.
- Relax for some time near the waterfall.
- Proceed trekking to the top of the Kodachadri peak and have lunch on the way up.
- Enjoy the serenity at its best from the top and spend some good time there.
- Descend to the campsite after sunset.
- Retire for the night after dinner.
- Wake up early and freshen up.
- Pack your bags and check-out from the campsite around 09:00 AM.
- Start travelling to Nagara Fort.
- Enjoy the glimpses of an elegant fort and after sometime commence your return journey of Kodachadri Trek
- Have a self-sponsored lunch en route.
- Back to Bangalore.