Kotagiri is a hill station in Niligiris District situated at the height of 5,890 feet. Most of the trekking trails are unexplored in this region due to its connectivity to Nilgiri Range which is prohibited to outsiders by forest department. The pleasant weather and fluctuating temperatures add up to the beauty of this place. The trail starts in the tea estates and continues down the valley on the river – path to end at Mettupalayam – Kotagiri junction. The major attractions near Kotagiri include the Catherine Falls, Elk Falls, Doddabetta Peak and the Rangaswami Pillar. Catherine falls is the second highest waterfall in Nilgiri Mountains after Kolakambai Falls.
- 2 Days 1 Night Trek
- Panoramic View Of Nature Around
- Situated at the height of 5,890 feet
- Wonderful trekking spot for all levels
- Vegetarian food
- Breakfast for two days
- Lunch and dinner on day 1
- Pick-Up & Drop
Things To Carry
- Sturdy and waterproof backpack (It will be advised that you pack light)
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- Fresh clothes for two days
- Extra set of clothes
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Toiletries (Shampoo, towel, toothpaste, tissue paper, etc.)
- Juice packs, Glucon-D etc.
- Raincoat or a Poncho
- Personal medication (if any)
- Allergy medication (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- A torch with new batteries (in case of emergency)
- You can carry energy food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks etc.)
- Camera (Optional)
Total Trek Distance: 10 KM (To and Fro)
Difficulty Level: Easy
- Pick up from Bangalore
- Pick-up from Swad E punjab, HSR, teachers colony.
- Pick-up from New Shanthi Sagar hotel, Domlur
- Pick-up from Hard Rock Cafe, MG Road near Anil kumble signal.
- Approximately by 06:00 am, you will reach the campsite after the overnight journey from Bangalore.
- Freshen up and have breakfast.
- Post this, start your trek to the hill by 08:30 am and your lunch will be packed.
- En route, have lunch and reach the top by noon. Explore and unwind the less explored trails.
- Watch the amazing surrounding from the top.
- Return to the homestay by sunset and relax by campfire (depending on the weather condition).
- Have dinner and relax.
- Return journey to Bangalore
- Wake up early and refresh your mind.
- Post breakfast, begin your trip to the second highest waterfall in Nilgiri, the Catherine Falls.
- After enjoying its beauty, begin your return journey to Bangalore. By 09:00 pm, you will reach Bangalore.